Hello! I'm Paige.
Some history: I graduated with a BFA in photography from the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign. My professors gave me an amazing understanding of fine art, and I do my best to utilize that while telling your story. I learned photography on film, and spent countless hours in the darkroom listening to great music, dancing with my photo buddies, and learning how to make beautiful images.
These days: The camera is digital, but I get the same joy out of producing those beautiful images. My shooting style is relaxed, a little quirky, and classically beautiful - so your photos will make you smile for many years to come. I get giddy at the sight of perfect light, and there is nothing better than getting those photographer butterflies when I know the shot is going to be spectacular.
Where I live: I am midwesterner to the core, and miss my beloved Chicago... but I adore living in the south. My husband and I are here to stay. We live just a few minutes outside of Charleston in Mt. Pleasant, SC. I'll come to you whether car ride or plane. I am endlessly inspired by new places. I love to travel and am open to inquiries worldwide.
- Person? My amazing husband, Chris.
- October. My husband and I met in Chicago, and were married there in October 2008.
- Movie? Spanglish
- Musician? Neko Case
- Ezra & Quincy. Our two crazy adorable dogs. You get extra points for bringing your pets to the shoot!
- Vintage buttons. I collect them, but I cannot sew a thing.
- My family. My blog is titled "Sewing Buttons on Ice Cream" It's something silly my Gramma said to us as kids - I have it tattooed on my foot in her handwriting. She cried (the good kind) when I showed her. That's her Brownie camera up above.
- Scrabble. I'm excellent at it and I'm embarassed to tell you how many games I have played on my Iphone.
- Camera equipment. Canon 5d MK II with my 50mm 1.2 lens attached.
- Please feel free to contact me if you would like to know more!